Thursday, June 14, 2007

Welcome to My Parlor


Ok, I've had a lovely couple of weeks gardening and chatting with you, but it's time to get back to work tomorrow, so I thought I would share some pictures of my office with those of you who are very far away (or very near but who have never been in my office) so you can imagine me sitting here, looking out the window as the sky turns the color of a Royal Blenheim apricot (which you now have seen) and maybe imagine yourself sitting here, too, having an iced coffee with me on a hot, hot day. There are two cushy cubes behind me, so don't worry, you don't have to sit on that hard black dumpster diver stool.

The cords and things are kind of messy--you should have seen it before I got the little basket from my friend Lisa. Those are my peeps on top of my computer and behind them on the magnet board that Mike made for me, the faces I look at every day and smile. Over there on the left in the bookcase is my grandfather's painting of a bullfighter, which I love, my two new little paintings by Robert Chunn, my map of Manhattan from September 11th, and my paper umbrella collection. On top of the bookcase is my latest train-case acquisition, with my Stupid Creatures, Astor and Nestor, on top of it. Oh, and my African megaphone made from a Lolita talcum powder can. (I collect vintage train-cases, the small, square suitcases women used to use to carry their personal toiletry items in. If you have one, or see a really choice one at a yard sale, I'll pay to ship it. Think beach colors, and square rather than rounded plastic.)


I have my monitor set up so that it changes pictures from my flower and fruit photo folder every hour. Right now there are fava beans underneath the window I am typing in. On the left is my current things to do list, which goes on the pig-sticker when it is done, or when I lose it and then find it months later. Also old lottery tickets go here. Under that is the list of birthdays for the next month. What the hell were everyone's parents doing in November, for Christ's sake? Nevermind, I know.

And that concludes our tour for today. Please come see us again soon.

No comments: