Sunday, June 3, 2007

I Don't Want Any More of Your Snack, Mobyfinger

Last night, Mike and I watched Jackie Brown, which I think is a great movie. I like any movie where the woman kicks butt and wins in the end, but this one I think is really good and well-cast. Except for Samuel L. Jackson's ponytail, I believed all of the characters.

It was on channel 36, so it was dubbed and cut up for commercial breaks. I had to laugh out loud at the fantastically imaginative substitutes for unacceptable words. I wish I could remember more of them. Here were a few of my favorites:

Melon-peeler (Picture Samuel L. Jackson saying, "You tell that melon-peeler I want my money.")
Motorscooter
Mortgage broker
and the mysterious
Mobyfinger

I'm going to see if I can find some kind of database of acceptable dub-stitutes. Otherwise, I'll have to make my own.

No comments: