Thursday, December 20, 2007

Calling All Batter Blasters


I saw this product a few times in Sunshine Market and walked right by. Then I read the label, saw that it was organic, and thought, a) it's not that hard to make pancakes from scratch anyway and b) but this might be fun if you wanted to make a lot of pancakes. Since it would take Mike and I about ten years to eat as many pancakes as this can says it makes, I bought two cans for my friends with kids ranging in age from 6 to 1, on the condition that they chime in and tell me how the trial went. So here's the chance. Chime on in. I heard from Maggie that Molly LOVED them, but Mommy thought they were too sweet. Tyla, aka Mommy, promises to try them in the waffle iron as well. Convenient? Fun? Tasty? Acceptably nutritious for breakfast? Other comments?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We found them yummy. Definitely for those with sweet teeth and the younger crowd. They're crispy-ish on the outside which I liked. However, they're definitely different from home-made. And you have to shake the bottle "just-so"--too much and the bubbles are way too big, thereby making more of a crepe.

I'll also say that as much as I love pancakes, I almost never make them myself, so these results may have as much to do with the inexperienced cook as anything.

Tamara Landre said...

Thanks Kate! Good reporting.

Tyla said...

Ok. So, I finally get around to writing about BATTER BLASTERS...it sounds so, so, boy cartoonish or something. Anyway, yes, they are a little on the sweet side for me. My kids thought they were great as pancakes, but I preferred them as waffles. Probably because of the whole "fluffy" texture. I would use them to make waffles again if only I could get over the tremendous packaging! I think the whole paper sack (flour), wax paper (butter), and flimsy plastic bag (sugar) are more appealing to me than a super sturdy canister. You can not beat the convenience factor, though. Thanks Tam.