Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's Not About the Stuff

In the past, I've used collages for my personal Christmas cards. These are made 100% old school, cutting bits and pieces out of magazines and pasting them together with glue or tape on a piece of art paper.

The full-sized collages, which have been as big as 18" x 24", and have included pieces of dollar bills and actual debt-busting, cut-up credit cards, were then scanned, very minimally re-touched in photoshop and laser-printed on cardstock. In honor of the season, here is a holiday collage retrospective. (Click on any image to see the full-sized version.)

It's Not About the Stuff
magazine collage
each print hand-decorated with gold and silver glitter-glue



Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
magazine collage
fork portion made entirely from one black and white magazine photo page



Peace
moon collage made from circular objects from the Sunday newspaper
(the letter "O", a shrimp platter, etc.)
overlaid with crinkled onion skin tracing paper



Joy Is Not in Things, It Is in Us
magazine clippings, credit cards, dollar bills, glitter



Happy Birthday
magazine collage, tape



Biological Clock
magazine collage, tape

(This post is duplicated on my other blog RESOURCE DESIGN. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scary Talented Girl,
Please, please send me a copy of the Peace card! It's beautiful. As are the others, of course. But that one's my fav. I promise to send some weird Marshallese candy your way if you do...

Anonymous said...

I wonder what one's favorite says about them--I bet you could do some kind of psychological evaluation based just on that!

I agree--they're very cool. Did you make any this year?