Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mad Skillz

Hank Bates is/was a friend of mine. We used to swim on the swim team together in college. I haven’t talked to him in oh, I don’t know, about nine years. He and his lovely wife have two little daughters now, and still live in Santa Cruz. We sometimes trade Christmas cards, unless they send Valentine’s Day cards, which they have done.

Hank Bates taught me how to fold fitted sheets. I was hanging out at the guys' Bay Street house one afternoon, and Hank was folding his laundry. When I saw Hank tuck the corners inside each other, and single-handedly arrange the sheet into a neat square, I was fascinated and made him do it again. I had never seen anyone do anything with a fitted sheet besides wad it lopsidedly into a lumpy oblong, a method Mike still favors today. In fact, the mere sight of a fitted sheet will make Mike leave the area immediately.

He showed me again, maybe even twice, and ever since that day I have also been able to fold a fitted sheet into a neat square. All by myself. (My Mom may note that she caught me trying to make my husband help me fold a sheet, but that was a very large flat sheet.)

So every time I fold my sheets, I think of Hank Bates. An all-around nice guy who is a pretty good carpenter and can also fold linens. If I had some kind of prize or award to give him for teaching me this skill, this is where I would do it. A "Lifey Award" maybe.

Before you get the wrong impression, I should tell you that Mike and I have reached a perfect agreement regarding laundry-- he does his, I do mine, and when it's sheets or towels, we both fold.

If you are feeling left out because your sheets are still in a wrinkled wad, you can watch this helpful video.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium use usa - much 5mg valium

Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg cost of valium medication - valium for anxiety reviews

Anonymous said...

order valium valium for depression - valium 5 mg para que sirve

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan 50mg - lorazepam ratiopharm 1mg dosierung

Anonymous said...

buy alprazolam online beat xanax drug test - xanax and alcohol combo

Anonymous said...

valium diazepam manufacturers buy diazepam in england - diazepam 5mg ndc

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online buy ambien online in usa - ambien side effects amnesia

Anonymous said...

order soma somanabolic muscle maximizer vs p90x - soma drug manufacturer

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol 350 mg listaflex carisoprodol 350 mg para sirve - what is the medication soma used for

Anonymous said...

soma pharmacy caridoxen naproxeno carisoprodol side effects - carisoprodol soma high

Anonymous said...

valium online no prescription generic form of valium - where to order valium online

Anonymous said...

generic carisoprodol carisoprodol zolpidem - buy soma spliffs

Anonymous said...

buy valium online cheap valium online india - effects of valium overdose

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium 5mg teva - valium ingredients

Anonymous said...

ambien online no prescription ambien home drug test - buy ambien cr no prescription

Anonymous said...

valium without prescription valium vs xanax social anxiety - effects 15mg valium

Anonymous said...

cheap valium valium dosage daily - valium overdose symptoms

yanmaneee said...

yeezy
longchamp handbags
air jordan
vans
longchamp
nike air max 2017
supreme t shirt
yeezy shoes
nike max
curry 5

Unknown said...

see here now my link find more info explanation read review find more

Unknown said...

weblink r4g83h5n24 high quality designer replica replica bags philippines u7b30g0h21 basics k4a18h7s47 replica gucci replica bags delhi replica bags karachi gucci fake j7z44a3w67 7a replica bags wholesale

Anonymous said...

you could try these out dolabuy louis vuitton click to find out more dolabuy gucci you could look here Chrome-Hearts Dolabuy