Thursday, April 30, 2009

Logjam!

Mike and I zipped over to Santa Cruz last Sunday for the annual Big Stick Surfing Association "Logjam". This is a really cool surf event-- all longboards and only longboards, 1970's or prior, minimum board weight 20 lbs, and no leashes allowed. It's held at Pleasure Point, which is a nice, steady break, so it seemed like everyone got some waves. Someday that'll be me. (Except that water is FREEZING.) I love the longboard style, not so shreddy, and more about enjoying as long a wave as possible than about carving it up into little bits. Plenty of women out, too.

I don't know if you know this, but my grandfather used to paddle a wooden paddleboard around Capitola as a boy, and my dad used to surf here at Pleasure Point and all around Santa Cruz. Hi Dad!


Raffle prizes. Tell that guy to stop touching my board! Bummer, we didn't win the Arrow!





PS- I just know with that previous post that I've jinxed myself to have an ITB relapse and an ear infection by Sunday.

No comments: