Thursday, April 9, 2009

Countdown

Ok, so yeah, I wrote this ambitious post a few weeks ago about how I was (am) doing a triathlon in May. And then some things happened that sort of got in the way of that gradual but efficient training period, and it rained a lot, and I got really busy with design work (thankfully), and now it's a mere THREE WEEKS away.

I freaked out a little bit at that. And then I found a training plan that I had downloaded back in January (from here), and I looked at where I should be preparation-wise. I'm actually doing ok, I think. Today I did my first "brick" which is two segments of the triathlon together. I rode 11 miles and ran 3. And I did it. No problem.

Next week, I am going to pop in to the pool a few times and make sure my arm isn't going to come apart, and go from there. I know I can do the distances. I'm trying to look at it as three short races, just strung together. I keep telling myself that all I have to do is put them together, not fall down or break down (I am virtually clueless about flat tires or any other mechanical difficulty at this point) and not get tangled up in my own clothes during the transitions. And try to have a sense of humor about it if at all possible.

No comments: