Thursday, May 21, 2009

Packing List Notes

Just a quick note on the packing list:

Because Maui is warmer, I could have left behind the 2 t-shirts, rain jacket, and I barely wore 2 of the 3 long-sleeve cover-ups.

I bought 1 strappy cotton dress

Also totally blew off running, so ditch the running shorts, running shoes and socks, and running bra! Never wore the 1 piece bathing suit, but I still swam a little.

I wore most of everything else once, but I think I can still shave down the list.

If you are a contact lens wearer like I am, and you have extra cases around, you can use them for things that you need small supplies of for a short vacation, like styling cream or foundation.

Also, if you are trying to pack for carry-on only, don't forget to put all liquids (and only the liquids) in a quart-size ziplock bag. Liquids are limited to as many three ounce containers as you can fit in the bag. The inspectors go by the ounces printed on the container, so don't do what I did and think that a half-empty six ounce tube of sunscreen will make it through.

(Bummer, because I can't get the same sunscreen here, and it's the only one that smells like a Hawaiian vacation.)

No comments: