Monday, May 4, 2009

I Did It!

Forget what I said about the lake being totally fine. It was 58 degrees! Of course, that meant that it didn't matter that it rained on us, which it did right up through the middle of the bike. I reached all of my goals: 1) completing my first (sprint) triathlon, 2) having fun, and 3) not falling down. Hooray! More on the philosophical aspects of this whole thing later on. Thanks to everyone, on facebook and otherwise, who cheered me on from near and far! I appreciated every word. (PS- I came in 17th in my age group (right in the middle), fifth among chicas my size, and I was the only one in my age group and class.)






(I do not always look like such a dork-- I wore a nylon swim cap under my helmet, and it slid too far forward at the end. I remembered to bring my spare tire, too.)







No comments: