Thursday, October 11, 2007

Say Goodbye to The Man

Ok, my one month experiment with AdSense is now over. I don't know if you noticed, but I had some small Google ads along the side of the blog for a while. AdSense ads pull keywords from your blog and direct readers to topical advertisers. You don't get paid to have the ads on your blog, you get paid when someone clicks through to the ad. But you're not allowed, according to Google's rules, to say "Hey, go check out these ads so I can make money." The advertisers want legitimate customers, not just drive-bys. So I thought I'd stick some on there and see what happened. In one month, I managed to rack up a whopping fifteen cents. That's right, .15. Woo-hoo! So, as of today, the site will be ad-free for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you not tell us on the sly? I would have made you MILLIONS! (or at least a buck).

Tamara Landre said...

I didn't tell anyone so that it would truly be an experiment. I knew I could count on my five readers to do my bidding without question, but I wanted to see how many of you would obey my telepathic commands to "Shop! Shop! Shop!" Apparently, my psychic powers have dimmed since I was a child. PS I don't think anyone reads the comments, either.