Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Downward Trend Continues


On the positive side, I washed the car, the dog, the kitchen blinds, the windows, the laundry and the dog beds. Cleaned the office, took out the recycling and the garbage twice each. And washed all the dishes from making the giant gummy orbital twinkie that I could have called an angel food cake, had the stars aligned properly.

I might have been underzealous in incorporating the flour-sugar mixture, rather than underbaking the cake. It was one of those two things that got me last time, but I'm not sure which. I will master this cake, I will master this cake, I will master this cake.

In other news of today, Mike picked a medium-sized rattlesnake with a very big rattle out of the bushes, saving a tour group at the winery from certain death.

On one of my brief breaks from frantic housecleaning, I shopped for skateboard shoes online. Please vote for your favorite: The white and green ones or the olive and yellow ones. I need these because I was wearing running shoes when I bit it on the carveboard, and I would like to avoid that in the future. Skater shoes are made for gripping just enough, and allowing maneuverability as well. I think the white ones would be better with shorts, but the olive ones would look better with pants. I'm torn. I would like to take my board out just once before we go to Hawaii.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

I'm partial to the white and green ones. I want to like olive green, but truth is that I don't. That's my vote. And I'm impressed and envious of your accomplishments today. Good job.