Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Not a Very Good Seamstress


After two late-night sessions with my sewing machine, iron, and a great big piece of beige canvas drop cloth, I have transformed my two red IKEA storage ottomans into two sloppy beige IKEA storage ottomans, with pillows. These might become the sloppy beige storage window seats for my office window if I can figure out how to reconfigure my over-stuffed office to allow that.

The red was getting a little too glaring, so that problem is solved, but now I'm not sure whether I should re-do the top of the one I messed up, leave it as it is, or hire a real person to re-cover these for me in a more professional way.

I learned to sew in junior high. Thank god there are no pictures left of me wearing the clothing I made for myself over the years.

No comments: