Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just Visiting

Way down at the bottom of my blogroll, there was a link called "Tiny Baby". Trevor James Millimaci was a baby whose site I came across one day while bloghopping through random sites. He was very, very tiny when he was born, with many complications. I think his mom started the blog because it was all she could think of to do with her time, since he was stuck there in the hospital, connected to feeders and machines and tubes, and she was home, without him.

I was once a premature baby too, so I took interest in this little guy.

Week after week, I'd tentatively pop in, hoping things were looking up, and that he'd eventually go home. And he did. I rooted for him each time he'd gain a pound. His mom posted pictures of him with his big sisters as he grew and grew, and started to look more like a little guy and less like a very, very premature baby.

He had big round eyes and a surprised o of a mouth. He wore fuzzy blue outfits and a cow Halloween costume. He had a Christmas. He smiled. A lot. And he started to talk. And then, some time in late June, when I'd let my visits to the site lapse for many months, Trevor James Millimaci died.

It seemed like he was home free. He was so much bigger and stronger, and he had people that loved him, and I'm sure they hoped and hoped he was out of the woods. But parts of him weren't strong enough.

I was just going to delete the link and not say anything. I didn't know him, didn't know them, at all. But as I scrolled through the pictures that preceded the image of the flowers in the cemetery, I saw his smile, just like any other little baby's, and the hopeful posts of childhood milestones finally, heroically reached, and I couldn't let him just disappear without saying something. In this peculiar internet world, we can't help but make human connections. I cared about what happened to him.

Rest in Peace, beautiful Trevor James Millimaci. If there is a heaven, you are in it, and all the things that little boys love are there.

5 comments:

Ryan Millimaci said...

Hello Tamara,

I just wanted to say Thank You for taking such an interest in the life of my son Trevor. He was an amazing little guy and touched so many people.

I just happened to Google his name this morning because I'm always interested to see where his name pops up and I ran across your blog.

Thanks again for your sincere interest and concern over tiny baby Trevor!

lydia d'albora said...

Hello Tamara,

Thank you for "just visiting" my grandson Trevors website. He was such a miracle and I am still amazed at all the lives he has touched through out the world. We miss him so much but are grateful for the time we had with him.

God Bless,
Lydia D'Albora

Tamara Landre said...

Ryan, Lydia,
I am so touched by the fact that you commented. You have been so brave. I can't imagine what you have been through.

We all were blessed by Trevor's brief visit, but he was likewise blessed to have such a wonderful family as you.

Take care,
Tamara

Unknown said...

I am Trevor's sister, just seeing this now is very heart warming. Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

replica bags in gaffar market find more m1c78u6k21 replica bags in gaffar market additional resources c8a32i3u63 gucci replica handbags 7a replica bags meaning n1z15z7k38 replica bags wholesale india replica gucci bags f3x46l2n90 replica bags sydney