Friday, March 27, 2009

Progress Report

For the record, here is my arm:


For those of you who have not heard the story, while in Tahoe a couple of weeks ago, I was taking pictures at a snowed-over miniature golf park. (Those of you on Facebook can go check those out. I'll post them here the next chance I get.)
I had my arm looped around an iron fence with those harmless-looking, dull arrowhead-shaped spikes on them, and just when I moved my arm up and over to take another step, my foot punched through the snow and the fence punched through my arm, missing the bicep but nicking the muscle fascia. Five stitches in the emergency room.
The stitches are out now, so my arm is held together with tape. It feels tingly and weird, but nothing seems to be amiss that I can tell. The bad news is that I still can't swim for another few weeks, and we are down to barely 5 weeks before the triathlon. I'm still biking and running, and I still intend to do it, but it may not be pretty. As long as my arm holds together for a few practice swims, I'll just tape it up and go anyway.