Monday, July 7, 2008

Little Visitor

We've had a little disruption in our usual routine.

As I was leaving for work on the Fourth, I came upon this lost little girl. I whistled for her and she came right to the car and jumped in. I couldn't take her to work with me, so Mike took care of her until I got home. She was skinny, dirty, covered with yucky fleas, and had a collar on that was so tight that her little neck was red and chafed. (None of which I noticed, except the dirty part, when I invited her to jump into my car to get her away from the road. Ew.) She was so dirty that we thought she was black and tan! You couldn't tell that she was actually a tri-color with white markings on her feet and chest.

We put up signs around our street, and Mike took her to all of the neighbors to see if anyone thought she looked familiar, though considering the condition she was in, we'd be reluctant to give her back. We are trying to help her find a good home, and have a couple of leads. But she is a sweetie. Now that she has been thoroughly de-flead, bathed and is wearing a fancy new pink collar, she has been able to accompany me to work at the winery and seems to be a very good companion and love bug.

Here's tired, skinny dirty dog three days ago (still smiling, though!):



And here's fancy clean dog: