Wednesday, September 5, 2007

More Notes

On Iced Tea for Grown-Ups or Children: I still think this is a terrific, tasty drink, but I would look for straight herb teas if you are going to serve it to children in any quantity, as I found that even the decaffeinated tea had a fairly caffeine-y effect when I drank a whole pint glass.

On Agave Nectar: Sugar is sugar is sugar, or so I read in Eating Well magazine. A typical soda has the equivalent of NINE teaspoons of sugar in it, so unless you are putting three full tablespoons of agave syrup or any other sweetener in your tea, you are still better off than soda. The issues that were mentioned in the link I posted about opposition to agave nectar were about its "raw" status. Agave is only "raw" if it is not heated above 115 degrees. If you care about that sort of thing.

On The Book: I'm really enjoying it. Last night I found myself straining to keep my eyes open because I really wanted to know about dairy products vs. soy. (The October issue of Eating Well also has an article with charts comparing various types of milk and milk substitutes.)

On Things for Sale: I also have a white electric Kenmore dryer just sitting in my garage. Works great, relatively new looking. $100.

No comments: