Thursday, February 1, 2007

Dragging it Around


For the record, here is my knee today.

On another subject, my friends Emilio and Monty have cats. Two of the cats are psychotic and do not like affection. Sometimes at night, in a very un-catlike way, they drag small articles of clothing (even bathroom rugs!) around the house and wail and cry. It is a very strange thing for a cat to do.

When I was in college, and before, I wrote a lot of poetry. Here is something I have been dragging around with me for years:

God is Great

Isn't God great?
Awesome, man. Pass the popcorn.

Earl met his girlfriend
at the church club meeting
for students.
They were praying and singing
playing religion games.
Biblical twister
put your right foot in Jordan,
your left ear on a pillar of salt
and such.
The whole time, Earl was
thinking
"I want to date her."
She was overweight,
a parasitology major.
But she volunteered to
teach him the fox-trot
and the two-step
in dance class
the next day.
She was probably thinking
the same thing
Earl sometimes has greasy hair
and he snorts when he laughs.
He'll watch baseball all day long if
you let him.
He says Sharlene is the
most giving person he's ever met.
He's going to marry her.
God
is great.

(Hi Kristin.)

No comments: