Saturday, January 27, 2007

The State of the Knee-tion

Not the greatest photo today, but you can see how much progress I've made. Today we went on our usual grueling loop around the manor house, which has been taking 20 minutes, and it only took 15, so I'm speeding up a bit. Felt wrecked the day after last week's physical therapy. The knee seems to be functioning better overall, however, so I'm going to keep it up.

Physical therapy is pretty funny. It's like a very small, very gentle, extra-low-impact gym. Two trainers monitor the activities of four or five people as we each execute our minimal reps of safe exercises. It's the kind of gym you wish you went to all the time. "Don't try to be a hero and push yourself too far this week." After the exercise is over, they put an ice bag on the injured limb, attach a couple of electrodes and hand you a magazine so you can get the rest you deserve. Throw in a martini and a massage and I'll start finding ways to hurt myself.

No comments: