Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rosie the Riveter

First and most importantly, for those of you who have been worrying along with me, Grandma is not only still very much with us, she's doing absolutely great. I've been up in Tahoe with them both since Friday. She came home from the rehabilitation center on Saturday. She had a rough patch (putting it fairly mildly) and went back into the hospital, but yesterday and today she was again feisty and chatty. She asked for Grandpa to bring "some boxes of chocolate" for the nurses (which he did) and for a ride in the wheelchair (which she got). She ate her dinner last night "like an athlete" according to Grandpa.

When her doctor, who wasn't quite up to speed with her condition (and in my opinion, is not exactly an A student), came in to check on her, he said, "Rose, do you know who I am?" very slowly and loudly. Grandma looked at him, rolled her eyes at us and said, "Yes-- do you know who I am?" We cracked up. That's my Grandma! Those of you who know her, please do continue to send cards to her home address, as she is reading and saving every one.

No comments: