Monday, June 9, 2008

So, Where Were We?

To blog or not to blog. That has been the question. At first, I was afraid of boring you with my lunch, stirring your envy with more vacation photos, revealing my current state of work anxiety, or even reviewing sunscreens. None of it seemed very compelling. Fear (and/or ambivalence) leads to either no writing, or not entirely true writing. And not entirely true writing, if it isn't entertaining in its exaggeration, is pretty tedious.

And now, all of those things do seem pretty darn insignificant. Without going into too much personal detail, my dear, fiesty Grandma has been in the hospital, and today I can let out my breath a little, because she is coming home. Grandpa has been the superstar that he is, fielding phone calls, shuttling back and forth between the hospital and home, taking care of business. There is a long road ahead, but Grandma is determined, and improving every day. Her fiery nature is driving her recovery forward...that and her obvious and intense dislike of hospital food.

So it's back to hair and handbags, as the Brits say. Good to be back. I promise to post more pictures later today when I'm on a break.

No comments: